We are looking for a junior developer who has recently graduated or is a postgraduate student of computer science, software engineering or similar. You will be responsible for supporting business critical systems and elicit requirements to develop, unit test & deploy new solutions and enhancements to existing systems. There may also be innovation opportunities and proof of concept related work including opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or
- Knowledge of online data security and data security certifications
- Understanding of building web-based applications and user interfaces
- Strong development practice skills (code & configuration management, build processes, etc.)
- Strong communication skills resulting in the ability to work with clients
- Willingness to learn and the ability to take initiative
Nice to have Requirements:
- An understanding of AWS and other cloud based platforms
- An appreciation of database design patterns and practices
- Experience in using JupyterLab, GitHub, and Linux
- Experience in requirements elicitation
- The ability to manage (internal or external) customers with support requests
If you are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com
The position will entail a trial period of 6 weeks, with an initial work week of 3 days per week, working remotely. During the trial period, the applicant will receive training in the current systems in place. This position will be from a data science and actuarial perspective; experience in these fields are not required but will be advantageous, as will knowledge of accounting standards.
There may be potential for a longer term role if both parties agree. The position will be with Dupro Ltd UK, trading both as Dupro Advisory and Actuartech. Dupro Advisory is a niche actuarial consulting firm expanding into the development of actuarial software solutions for clients. Actuartech provides leading research and insights into actuarial technology, providing training and events on various topics integrating data science into actuarial spheres.