In our newsletter today...
Register here for our upcoming training event London 19 September: introduction to Data Science in Insurance: 2 day training event
Watch our on demand webinar data science & actuaries: a practical overview: here.
Introduction to Data Science in Insurance: training event
Actuartech and Reacfin are delighted to present on 19 and 20 September 2019 in London
Improvements in computational power have given rise to the use of data science techniques in a wide variety of areas, including finance, driverless cars, image detection, speech recognition etc. In a world of high volume and varied datasets, data science techniques are invaluable to an insurance professional's toolkit to provide actionable insights from data.
The event will aim to provide:
- An overview of the impact of Data science and possible applications within the Insurance Sector
- An understanding of the the main techniques of Data Science including data management, machine learning, text mining, scraping and data visualisation
- Initial insight on how to address hot business topics in different fields of the Insurance Sector by leveraging data
Who will benefit from the training?
Actuaries or other insurance professionals working in insurance looking to learn how:
- Improved data and computational capabilities can tackle insurance related business challenges with increasingly sophisticated approaches
- The insurance professional can expand their toolkit by learning practical data science skills
- Data Science can be applied in an insurance context, using practical business examples.
We will also provide a high level overview of the various machine learning techniques that are used covering the key supervised and unsupervised learning methods. This will include examples of how data science techniques can be applied in insurance.
The event will require a hands on involvement and engagement from participant. It is expected that attendees will come with a willingness to participate and apply practical skills.
Thursday 19th and 20th September, The Clubhouse Bank One Angel Court London EC2R 7HJ
To find out more and to register your place, please click here.
Highlights from our webinar on Data Science
Actuartech hosted an engaging webinar on Data Science and Actuaries: a practical overview
The session was a great success with lots of valuable and insightful discussion on data science. We discussed how improvements in computational power and the exponential increase in data available have given rise to the use of data science techniques in a wide variety of areas, including finance, driverless cars, image detection, speech recognition etc. In a world of high volume and varied datasets, data science techniques can add valuable tools to an actuary's toolkit to provide actionable insights from data.
Click on the link below to discover how:
- Improved data and computational capabilities can tackle traditional actuarial tasks with increasingly sophisticated approaches
- The actuary can expand their toolkit by learning practical data science skills
- Data Science can be applied in an insurance context, using practical business examples
Thank you to our presenters Aurélien Couloumy, Michael Jordan and Rodwel Mupambirei for your contribution and to the attendees for the interaction and participation.
You can listen to the Webinar recording by registering for the on-demand content here.
Actuartech has released a series of videos on the topic of the actuary and technology.
Watch our series here:
- Should actuaries start their own InsurTech startup?https://youtu.be/qrnMxGB6c-E
- Quarter Life Crisis and Side Hustles for Actuarieshttps://youtu.be/lgQHbZXqYNM
- What non-actuarial skills do Actuaries need?https://youtu.be/KfSiOTh7fNw
- Job hopping or loyalty? What is the better career strategy?https://youtu.be/8qzNOUCX-J0
- What is the best way to find a job? LinkedIn or Recruiters?https://youtu.be/XxvZhnhHIR8
6. Salary Negotiation advice for upcoming actuaries?
7. Who is the better CEO? Accountants or Actuaries?
8. Do actuaries have to worry about automation and AI?
9. Does the Actuarial Fellowship carry as much weight as it did in
Every week we will be releasing a new video, or you can see them all here for $1.
Highlights from our launch event in Tel Aviv
On the 10th July, we celebrated the launch of Actuartech in Tel Aviv.
We had some wonderful guest speakers presenting including Erika Bothma, Karen Geva and Osher Yadger.
Many thanks to all of our speakers for their insightful and inspiring presentations, and to our guests for making the event a huge success.
Watch this space for more networking events in Tel Aviv.
Actuartech Launch Party, Tel Aviv
IFRS 17 Technology Solutions
Build or Buy an IFRS 17 system solution?
Whether an insurer is looking to develop a bespoke, customised solution or buy an off-the-shelf, out of the box solution (or perhaps consider a blended approach) certain key design and technology capabilities are to be considered including:
- A synchronised business and IT architecture approach between processes, data and technology.
- An alignment of process design and business outcomes through an orchestrated workflow management solution.
- Ensure alignment and ability for the solution to cope with current and future reporting metrics including, for example, regulatory metrics such as Solvency II.
In our insights article we xpand on some of the types of solutions available in the industry to meet the needs of the Standard.
Read more here...
Adopting AI in Insurance: a risk management perspective: event London
More and more businesses are starting to adopt Artificial Intelligence based solutions. Besides considering the apparent project risk that implementing such techniques introduce, enterprises need to consider what the overall impact will be on their Risk Profile after the launch. Many might have to change their risk oversight and mitigation approaches before implementing Artificial Intelligence techniques.
Join us for another interactive roundtable discussion over dinner to explore how AI can become a source of competitive advantage in insurance - and the role the actuary can play?
Date 19 September 6pm London.
To find out more and to register your place, please click here.
Facebook page: live
Our Facebook page is now live - please take a look and give us a Like!
Find out more about sponsorship opportunities for Actuartech and its partners for upcoming podcasts, videos, and events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Touch
Actuartech wants to hear from you!
We would love to hear your thoughts on our newsletter and the articles featured and any suggestions you may have for next month.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for reading.
© Actuartech, July 2019