In this newsletter...
- Have your say: The Evolving Role of the Actuary Take 5 mins to complete our Survey
- Live Panel discussion this Friday 17 July: The evolving role of the actuary
- On demand webinar AI Governance & Risk Management Framework in Insurance: A Virtual Panel Discussion
- Introduction to Data Science In Insurance On Demand Course
- Job Opportunity: Managing Director/Associate Partner at a Multi-national Management Consultancy. Learn more here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous webinars available on demand
For more information about any of the above please contact us
The Evolving Role of the Actuary: Have your Say
Actuartech and Montoux are partnering on a content series that digs into the heart of what the modern actuary looks like, the challenges and opportunities facing the profession today, and what the actuaries of tomorrow could look like.
Have your say: complete the survey here.
17 July: Panel discussion: The evolving role of the actuary
Following on from our survey above, this series explores, among other, themes around training, COVID-19, and also explores the future role of the actuary.
In this webinar, we will aim to discuss:
- What makes an actuary? Our technical and professional skills, the areas we work in and our wider responsibility to society.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the actuarial profession, the challenges of remote working, the reliance on technology and the main industry challenges and changes actuaries are facing.
- The role of the actuary yesterday, today & tomorrow - how has the actuaries’ role evolved, the challenges and opportunities facing the profession today, and what the actuaries of tomorrow could look like.
- The impact of sustainability on the role of the actuary and the ways in which actuaries can contribute, whilst encouraging their clients and peers to do the same.
- How can data science add additional value to an actuary’s role and what ethical responsibilities does this generate with regards to data?
- How can actuaries prepare themselves for future changes and developments impacting their role?
The discussion will be aimed at actuaries but is open to a wider audience.
John Taylor, Immediate Past President at the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
Simon Jones, Partner & Head Of Responsible Investment At Hymans
Colin Dutkiewicz, Global Head Of Life At Aon Reinsurance Solutions
Stephen Carlin, UK Customer Success Director, Montoux
The panel discussion will be facilitated by Valerie du Preez, Founder and Managing Director, Dupro & Actuartech
To register, please click here
Actuartech Virtual Events
Introduction to Data Science On Demand Training Course
ON DEMAND WEBINARS
AI has become more and more popular within the financial industry, and many insurers have started out on their AI journey.
During this event we talked about some of the worries around delegating decisions to machines, and how to overcome some of these challenges.
Watch our on-demand virtual panel session now, with experts from across the insurance risk management spectrum to hear how we have discussed and explored:
- AI and its role within the business (for example the differentiation between using AI models as back office tools to understand the business versus building AI models to automate process and decision making)
- The adoption of AI within the business including reliability versus ethical & trust debate
- The Governance around AI and accountability
- The operating model in which AI is being used
A brief highlights video of this webinar is available to view here.
Available on Demand
All of our webinars are available on demand and information regarding future webinars and how to register can be found by visiting our website www.actuartech.com/webinars
Virtual Executive Data Science Sessions
Insurance Data Science Training | Executive Virtual Lunch Series
The aim of the executive virtual lunch is to support the leadership or executive team of a particular function or of the company to develop an awareness of the data challenges and opportunities the insurer is facing. It consists of round table discussions over lunch on a regular basis.
We were extremely pleased to receive the following feedback after a recent training session:
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you for such an excellent talk. At one point I think I saw that we had over 40 participants, which would be a Company record!"
Examples Topics being covered:
•Demystifying statistical learning models
•How to target key, valuable and realistic business cases for the company
•Unleash the power of external and unstructured data
•Big Data, Machine Learning and AI: what is possible and what is not?
•Communication, storytelling and communication power in AI
•Evolution of technologies and processes : operational, effective and scalable approaches
•Interpretable machine learning
•Developing an ethical framework for AI
For further information on how we can support with virtual data science events please email email@example.com
We are the home of actuarial technology for insight, training and networking.
Actuartech provides leading insights and research on the topic of actuarial technology.
We take technology and data science beyond the theoretical and can uncover, and explain, in simple to understand language the impact it will have and the problems we are trying to solve and ultimately what value it will bring to the organisation. We cut through the noise and bring you the simple, easy to understand insight and practical examples.
Job Opportunity: UK
Managing Director/Associate Partner at Large, Multinational Consultancy
This is a unique opportunity to build your own consulting business within a large multinational company based in the UK. In this role, you’ll be part of the executive team and perform at the intersection of traditional management consulting and Insurance/reinsurance.
For more information about this position please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Month's Sponsor is...Lawbite
LawBite offers the full spectrum of business legal advice: GDPR, copyright, trademarks, intellectual property law, contract reviews, legal documents etc.
LawBite enables clients to access business legal services from anywhere.
For more information about Lawbite, please click here.
Find out more about sponsorship opportunities with Actuartech for upcoming podcasts, videos, and events, email@example.com.
Get in Touch
Actuartech wants to hear from you!
We would love to hear your thoughts on our newsletter and the articles featured and any suggestions you may have for next month.
Our Facebook page is live - please take a look and give us a Like!
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for reading.
© Actuartech, July 2020