Actuaries and their organisations are facing significant challenges in an ever changing world, especially in the midst of a global pandemic.
Enabling actuaries to play a role to face the current challenges and to embrace modern day technologies and tools and to work closely with other experts are important links that could give strategic advantages to insurers in the further development of insurance.
What are some of the examples of where actuaries are playing a crucial role in society using their traditional skills together with updated tools and technologies available.
We will aim to discuss, particularly within a South African context.
- What are the pressures facing the actuary today?
- What is the role the actuary can play within the current pandemic?
- What are the skills actuaries need to add value to their organisations and broader society?
- Are data scientists and the rise of big data, ML and AI a threat or an opportunity to the actuarial profession?
- What other opportunities are there for actuaries outside of insurance?
- We are looking to discuss these themes in the context of the South African Actuarial Market.
We would love for you to be part of the discussion so please send your questions using the Q&A panel.
The discussion will be aimed at actuaries but is open to a wider audience.
Lusani Mulaudzi, President Actuarial Society of South Africa
Shabbeer Omar, Head of Advanced Analytics at Sanlam
Pamela Hellig, Director of Client Services at MBE-International
Valerie du Preez, Director Dupro Advisory, Actuartech
By providing your email you submit your information to the organiser who will use it to communicate with you regarding this webinar & their services/s.